Thursday, March 31, 2011

My new obsession

Its well known I love cupcakes, but my new obsession is shortbread cookies! I don't know what it is about these little things, but I adore them! I've gone out of control! Unlike with cupcakes, I truly enjoy the taste of  of the cookies and could probably eat 3-4 in one sitting. Not "probably", I HAVE eaten 3-4 in one sitting. And worth every minute of the stomach ache that followed.


This newly found addiction started about a month ago when I had the priveledge of doing a cookie tasting for an event at work. The cookies that won, according to my taste buds, were from this great bakery here in Austin, called Quacks.  Shortly after biting into their delicious shortbread cookie, I had to have more. I looked them up online, and low and behold, the bakery was only a few miles from work, and not to far out of my way on my drive home. Even with gas prices nearing $4 a gallon, these cookies are well worth the extra mileage! 


I arrived at Quacks, walked in, and was immediately greeted by cases full of all sorts of sweets, from cupcakes, to brownies to pies and other pastries! But I had my heart set on these cookies! I picked out a few and could not wait to get home and eat 1 (or 3) with a glass of milk! The fleur-de-lis were the cookies I got that day, since it was around Mardi Gras. 

I went again this past week to get some more (this time to share with friends and family). Look at how adorable these were! Almost too cute to eat! So much talent on such a small space!

Preppy Pigs and birds and snails, oh my!



1 comment:

  1. I love these!! I nominated you for a blog award!!! Check it outtt!

    ReplyDelete