Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tie-Dye Cupcakes

Again, another cupcake post. But I've already admitted my obsession, so I make no apologies. I first made tie dye cupcakes when I was babysitting for a family that had just adopted 3 kids from Haiti. These kids had never had cupcakes before, can you believe it!? I had been babysitting the family's 2 biological children for about 4 years and for every birthday we made cupcakes. But when challenged with making cupcakes with 5 children, 3 of whom at the time spoke minimal english, I was a bit overwhelmed on how to make it "fun" yet an organized chaos. So I decided to dye the batter 5 different colors, a color for each kid, and gave them each a spoon with the objective to put their color in each cupcake "hole".  It worked like a charm! And ever since I've been making tie dye cupcakes for my friends!
Here are the cupcakes I made the other day for an event:






 

1 comment: