Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Makenzie's Bachelorette Party

For my sister's bachelorette party a couple of weeks ago I did a "Margarita" theme, complete with Margaritas, Margarita cupcakes, homemade empanadas, taquitos, guacamole, chips and shrimp ceviche. I really enjoyed planning and decorating for it, even though I had to make it all fit in a hotel room! But it was fun! To "spice up" my margarita cupcakes and do something different, I made little sombreros to go on top of each cupcake with some ribbon that matched the decor.  I think they turned out pretty cute.

 This is a topiary I made out of drink umbrellas, and by far my favorite part of the tablescape! 
 I found this adorable "fiesta" looking ribbon and had to put it on everything! Including the topiary, utensil basket, and its even the ribbon I cut up in strips to glue on the mini sombreros. 
 The Margarita Bar (the Margarita mix is a Hungry Girl recipe, only 100 calories a serving!)
From left to right, the taquitos with sourcream, the homemade beef and cheese empanadas, the quac, the shrimp ceviche and the chips. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm throwing my best friend a bridal shower in a few weeks . . . so I loved this post! Those cupcakes look amazing. What kind are they??

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chelsea! They are actually my "Margarita Cupcakes". The recipe is in an older post. And I got those little "sombreros" are from Hobby Lobby in the doll accessory area. They were a big hit! Good luck with the bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete