Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"On Wednesdays, We Wear Pink"

Wednesdays are my "girly" days, where I can rave and rant about all kinds of frivolous things! So today, I want to rave about my new Scentsy products!
There is nothing better than walking into a room that smells fantastic! In undergrad, I was obsessed with candle warmers and had some "melts" that not only looked like real cupcakes, but smelled like cupcakes fresh out of the oven! I would keep the candle warmer burning 24/7 because I simply loved walking into my room at the end of the day and having it smell like a bakery! Even the sheets and pillows on my bed became infused with the smell! It was heavenly! Well, those beloved melts are all gone and I have been unable to track down the original ones (after over 3 years of searching). I gave up and moved on to candles. But I always stress so much about fire hazards. So finally, at Christmas, I gave in and bought a Scentsy warmer. Let me tell you, I am in L-O-V-E!!! I met with the seller at a local Starbucks and spent over an hour chatting and sniffing every scent she had! I settled on 6 scents and a beautiful warming pot for them. 
Isn't it pretty? Currently I have the scent "Rio Beach" melting, which smells a lot like Bath&Body Works' coconut lime verbena, but not so "limey", more subtle "coconutty". Last week I had "Happy Birthday" melting, which was a perfect replacement for my beloved cupcake melts. I have 3 other scents coming in the mail soon, as the seller did not have the ones I wanted in stock. I cannot wait for them to arrive! Seriously, if you have yet to give into this "scentsy" craze, give it a try. I was hesitant at first, but am SO glad I finally caved. The prices are extremely reasonable and the lifetime of the melts is almost 80 hours of burn time! And believe me, the scents are not weak, a little cube goes a long way! Best of all, the Scentsy rep. told me that once I have burned all the oil out of the wax, I can use the leftover wax for a parafin wax on my hands! Now that is MY kind of "recycling"! It is the gift that keeps on giving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment